Friday, April 27, 2012

Luke says:




You know who I mean: Papa!  The guy with the yo-yo!

(in response to the question, "Why are you crying?")  In the first place I didn't want my baseball cap on the floor!  (this kid is three going on fourteen: emotional roller coaster)

I've always wanted (fill in the blank with random silly things that three-year-old boys like)...a Honda motorcycle!  a peanut butter and jelly wrap!  to go to the library!  to find a green marble!  to have someone watch me while you go to the grocery store!

I never asked for (fill in the blank with random silly things that three-year-old boys despise)...broccoli!  a spanking!  to come inside when it's raining!  bedtime!  dinnertime!  my picture to be taken!

(playing baseball)  Stripe one!  You're out!

I'm a sport and sports trip and fall and hurt their feet.

I'm as tough as a bully, only I'm not a bully.

I don't go to war because I can't swordfight yet.  Actually I can.

I did not want you to come and see me doing that!

You smell like an adult beverage, Dad. 

Go ahead and read your bible, Dad.  I'm done disturbing you.

When you give me spankings it breaks my heart and makes it so I can't love anyone.

I think even boys who don't finish dinners should get ice cream - that's what Jesus wanted to say.

1 comment:

  1. Luke....oh Luke. Is that what Jesus says, I'm sure it is because I've heard that one before

    Derek....oh Derek. Adult beverage, eh?

    ReplyDelete