Tuesday, September 10, 2013

2,000 miles from here

We started homeschooling yesterday and though the photos look idyllic, it was a crazy day that, if I'm honest with you, ended with most of us in tears.  I know a large part of the frustration was due to how much I had worked up "the first day", to make it an extra-fun-packed-wonderful-day.  And a large part is due to the fact that I had to assert my authority as "the teacher" for the first time...which didn't go over well with "the student".

Anyway, today was a little better, and included Luke's first day of piano lessons which he says he enjoyed (rather unusual for him to admit on the first try!).  And to really ice the cake, this afternoon I got to sit and edit photos.  Oh boy, there is such a backlog of photos!  And the ones I really really wanted to share with you are the ones that made me smile so big, like remembering something that happened ages ago...but which are really from 9 days ago.  9 days ago we were in California celebrating my sister's marriage to Stephen.  Here are a few highlights of that trip.




According to some (short) people, the whole reason for our trip was to see this "Sweet Ginger-Peachy" girl.

Everyone pitched in to help set up.
And people who work hard, play hard.




 



This is pretty much all anyone saw of Seamus all night: a wet blur, and a squirt in the face.  He ran around shooting complete strangers with his water gun, laughing and giggling to burst.  Thankfully it was hot and nobody really minded getting wet.

The beautiful Sabrina lights.  Can you believe my parents live here?!  Like, every day.  They wake up and this is where they live.  Man, some days I am so jealous.


Even Grandpa Walter got out on the dance floor!

The bride didn't sit out a single dance.  It was an unforgettable party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment