Thursday, January 13, 2011

Far from Disaster Cake


Just in case you ever need to know: 1kg =2.2lb, 16 oz = 1lb., so 2.2kg = 16oz....appx.  For the record, I did not figure this out on my own.  I had to call my Dad and he had to get out the calculator and with our combined brain power we decided it would be best if I just started splitting the package of chips in half until I had 16 pieces.  Really accurate?  We'll let the cake tasters decide how important that was.



Far From Disaster Cake.  We still have half an hour on the clock before we can take it out of the oven.  But the batter was definitely a hit.

4 comments:

  1. Our Dad is so helpful! And, looks like Luke is MORE than helpful making sure that chocolate finds a home in his tummy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!! Hilarious that you split up the package into 16 equal parts. How did you manage not to "lose" any! And how great is that that Luke doesn't have to share the beaters. But not for long....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've never personally done the math, but... I've always known 1kg to be 2.2lbs :) Not sure how that would affect your cake, but it sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad called and asked for a correction, "I was mis-quoted!" he said. You and my Dad are the only ones who noticed! You should get a prize. I did, however, use the correct measurement for my cake...just copied it wrong into the blog....okay okay, I'm not a math whiz. In fact, I stink at math.

    ReplyDelete