Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A happy corner



This Spring I have kept the seedlings to a minimum knowing that my time would be dominated by another tiny life.  But in the deep darks of March I couldn't resist putting some seeds in the dirt, and we now have 3 healthy cucumber starts, 5 bell peppers, and 3 birdhouse gourd starts (which are an experiment I'm really excited about!).

Last night I actually got outside and got my hands dirty - with Derek's help of course.  We transplanted our raspberries to drier, higher ground, and in the process had to move several rose bushes (which of course meant expanding another flower bed).  It was fun, but exhausting.  So today I am just sitting inside staring at my seedlings, looking forward to the day (it's not that far now!) when I will plop their little toes in the warm soil outside, and enjoying a well-deserved cup of raspberry tea.  Isn't that appropriate?

1 comment:

  1. Totally. I love that you have flip flops by the door.

    ReplyDelete