Monday, May 7, 2018

24/28 days

This Spring has been exciting with our cat being pregnant and a hen deciding to sit on a nest of guinea fowl eggs!  Not to mention the usual excitement of Spring after months and months of severely cold weather. 

Our kittens are one week old today.  Their eyes are still closed.  What a fun surprise, waiting to see how many kittens she would have and what colors they would be!!  I could hardly contain myself - going out there two or three times a day to see if she was still pregnant! 

And now we are T minus 4 days for guinea eggs to begin hatching.  I don't expect high fertility rates because I sold some eggs to a local woman and she didn't have very good success hatching them in her incubator, but one or two new guinea keets would be so exciting for me!  Look at all my exclamation points in this post!  I really am living my dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment