Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 5, 2018

Yesterday Seamus turned SEVEN.  Where did time go?  This year one of my kids will reach double digits!  I've been a mother for nearly ten years.  I think I just need to sit with that for a while. 

I try to pay attention inside of every day and every moment.  I try to live that way, aware of right now.  And the reality that ten years has passed still takes me unawares. 

Important things that I haven't written about that are a huge part of our lives:


  • For nearly three years I have made sourdough bread every week for my family.
  • November 2016 my Mom got Guillan Barre syndrome, and suffered a brain injury.
  • March 2017 we moved to Dead Horse Creek and started living the country life.
  • February 2018 Derek's dad developed a brain bleed and suffered brain damage leaving Derek some really big shoes to fill at work.
  • I have been learning about meditation, essential oils, vibrational frequencies, and how all these things tie into my faith in God in really cool ways.
  • I have grown a set of wonderful friends over the last six years, at church and through the homeschool community, but a few have become my family:  Angeline, Jennifer, Rochelle and Elaine.
  • For three years now we have butchered pigs in the Fall with Mike and Angeline. 
  • Six years ago we began attending Covenant Mennonite Church
  • Making the decision to buy into the family business
  • Learning about parenting and homeschooling through authors like Shefali Tsabary, John Holt, and Gordon Neufeld
I am sure there are many more.  But for today I will leave it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment